Class 10th The Most Important Pairs of words


(Class 10th)
The Most Important Pairs of words
No.
Pair of Words
Meaning
Sentences
1.       
Affect
Effect
اثر ھونا
اثر
The disease affected his health.
My advice has no effect on him.
2.       
Advise
Advice
نصیحت کرنا
نصیحت
My father advised me to work hard.
Ali did not act upon my advice.
3.       
Altar
Alter
قربان گاہ
تبد یل کرنا
They brought the animal to the altar.
You should not alter your plan.
4.       
Angles
Angels
زاویے
فرشتہ
A triangle has three angles.
Hazrat Jabriel (A.S) is from famous angels.
5.       
Bail
Bale
ضمانت
گانٹھ
The court released him on bail.
He sold fifty bales of cotton.
6.       
Bear
Bare
ریچھ
ننگا
I saw a bear in the zoo.
He came in the Masjid bare-headed.
7.       
Berth
Birth
ٹرین کی برتھ
پیدائش
He reserved a berth in the train.
What is your date of birth?
8.       
Beside
Besides
کے ساتھ
کے علاوہ
The child is sitting beside his mother.
Besides, Urdu, I can speak English as well.
9.       
Break
Brake
توڑنا
بریک(گاڑی  کی)
He did not break the glass.
My bike has no brakes.
10.   
Cool
Cold
قابلِ برداشت ٹھنڈ
یخ ٹھنڈا
It is blowing a cool breeze.
It is too cold to go out.
11.   
Cloth
Clothe
ان سلے کپڑے
سلے ہوے کپڑے
My father deals in cloth.
I wear new clothes on the Eid day.
12.   
Cell
Sell
کال کوٹھڑی
بیچنا
The criminal was kept in the cell.
You sell school books.
13.   
Device
Devise
آلہ
تشکیل دینا
Computer is an electronic device.
I have devised rules for myself.
14.   
Diary
Dairy
ڈائری
ڈیری فارم
I write my diary daily.
We get milk from the dairy farm.
15.   
Dew
Due
شبنم
کی وجہ سے
Dew drops are lying on the grass.
He did not come to school due to illness.
16.   
Die
Dye
مرنا
رنگ کرنا
She died of cancer.
Please dye my shirt.
17.   
Dose
Doze
خوراک(دوائی کی)
اونگھنا
Ali took a dose of medicine.
He was dozing in the class.
18.   
Elder
Older
رشتے میں بڑا
عمر میں بڑا
My elder brother is a lawyer.
Each day we grow older.
19.   
Eligible
Illegible
قابل ہونا
جو پڑھی نہ جا سکے
He is eligible driver.
Your handwriting is illegible.
20.   
Accept
Except
قبول کرنا
سوا ئے
He accepted my gift.
All except Ahmad were present in the party.
21.   
Feet
Feat
پاوں
کرتب
His feet are bare.
The juggler performed many feats.
22.   
Floor
Flour
فرش
آٹا
I live on the ground floor.
My uncle has a flour mill.
23.   
Fare
Fair
کرایہ
میلہ
The bus fares have increased.
I like village fair.
24.   
Foul
Fowl
قانون کے خلاف
پرندے
Good players do not play foul.
We keep fowls.
25.   
Gait
Gate
چال
دروازہ
Her gait is very graceful.
This is the main gate of college.
26.   
Heal
Heel
ٹھیک ہونا
ایڑی
This wound will heal soon.
His heel was injured.
27.   
Idol
Idle
بت
بے کار۔ نکما
Muslims don’t worship idol.
An idle student never succeeds.
28.   
Ice
Snow
برف(سخت)
قدرتی برف
She slipped on the ice and fell.
It is snowing heavily outside.
29.   
Lose
Loose
کھودینا
ڈھیلا
He lost his purse yesterday.
He wore a loose shirt.
30.   
Lessen
Lesson
کم کرنا
سبق
We should try to lessen the pains of others.
I have learnt a good lesson from this story.
31.   
Letter
Latter
خط
بعد والا
I wrote a letter.
He spent his latter life in Lahore.
32.   
Liar
Lawyer
جھوٹا
وکیل
He is a liar.
Mudassar is a lawyer.
33.   
Medal
Meddle
تمغہ
مداخلت کرنا
He has won the gold medal.
Don’t meddle with my affairs.
34.   
Meat
Meet
گوشت
ملنا
We eat meat.
He meets me daily.
35.   
Metal
Mettle
دھات
جرات
Gold is an expensive metal.
He showed his mettle.
36.   
Marry
Merry
شادی کرنا
خوش
She was married last year.
They are making merry today.
37.   
Miner
Minor
کان کن
معمولی
He is a coal miner.
This problem is minor one.
38.   
Prophet

Profit
پیغمبر

منافع
Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) is the last prophet of Allah.
This business will give you a lot of profit.
39.   
Principal
Principle
پرنسپل
اصول
The principal accepted my request.
He is a man of principles.
40.   
Peace
Piece
امن
ٹکڑا
Let us pray for the world peace.
Give me a piece of advice.
41.   
Pour
Pore
انڈیلنا
مسام
He poured tea into the cup.
There are many pores in our body.
42.   
Pray
Prey
دعا کرنا
شکار
Please pray for my success.
The tiger is looking for his prey.
43.   
Quite
Quiet
با لکل
ملازم
He is quite happy in this new house.
Please keep quiet for some time.
44.   
Rain
Rein
بارش
لگام
It is raining now.
Hold the rein of the horse.
45.   
Role

Roll
کردار

لپیٹنا
A teacher plays an important role in the society.
He is rolling the paper.
46.   
Root
Route
جڑ
راستہ
The roots of this tree are very deep.
This is the shortest route to Multan.
47.   
Story
Storey
کہانی
منزل
This is an interesting story.
We live in a single-story house.
48.   
Sail
Sale
کشتی چلانا
فروخت
He sailed the boat in the river Ravi.
This house is for sale.
49.   
Stationery
Stationary
سٹیشنری کا سامان
ساکت
I have bought stationery for my office.
The sun is stationary.
50.   
Soul
Sole
روح
جوتے کا تلا
May her soul rest in peace.
There is a hole in the sole of my shoe.
51.   
Scene
Seen
منظر
دیکھنا (see)
It is a very beautiful scene.
Had you seen her before marriage?
52.   
Team
Teem
ٹیم
بھرپور
He is the best player of our team.
This lake teems with fish.
53.   
Urban
Urbane
شہری
شائستہ
Urban life is very busy life.
He has urbane manners.
54.   
Vain

Vein
بےسود

رگ
He tried hard to pass the exam but all in vain.
Veins carry blood from body to heart.
55.   
Vale
Veil
وادی
نقاب
Kashmir is a beautiful vale.
She wears a veil.
56.      
Vine
Wine
انگور کی بیل
شراب
The big vine is full of grapes.
Wine is the mother of all evils.
57.      
Waist
Waste
کمر
ضائع کرنا
His waist is 32 inches.
You waste much time.
58.      
Write
Right
لکھنا
صحیح
He wrote a letter.
This is a right way.
59.      
Way
Weigh
راستہ
وزن کرنا
This is the shortest way to our school.
This bale weigh about 20 K.G.
60.      
Weak
Week
کمزور
ہفتہ
He is very weak in English.
I shall visit you next week.

                                  

0 $type={blogger}:

Post a Comment